The number of e-commerce stores is continually growing and every stakeholder has to face two big problems: the flooded market with competitors and it is getting difficult to grab attention from your audience. Being visible on the web is a challenge, but content marketing has some viable solutions.
Today, one of the best ways to advertise your online store with good ROI is content marketing.
What is Content Marketing and Why do you need it?
The idea behind the scene is providing your audience unique and quality content for the information they are looking for. Quality content refers to the content that has value and is relevant to a specific target audience.
Content market goes beyond just selling. By providing valuable and relevant content and solving the users’ problems, you can build trust in the minds of customers. When it comes to e-commerce, a right content marketing strategy can benefit in number of ways.
Why is content important for E-commerce?
Today, content marketing has proven to be more valuable than ever. Various companies with higher investments are getting huge returns. Without impressive content, there is no meaning of SEO and digital marketing. Content marketing is the back bone for any digital campaign including a video, blog post and infographic.
You need an effective marketing strategy to promote your online business and accomplish the desired goals. Online business owners put efforts into content marketing strategy because it’s the best way to engage customers and increase brand awareness.
Here are some tips and approaches to successfully build a content marketing strategy to give your business a world of difference.
The kind of Content you should focus on
So, what type of content you need to publish on your ecommerce store to increase conversion rate?
Here’s what you need to focus on.
- Try to make static pages with rich content including text, images and especially videos.
- Blogs(branding posts, business trends, giving tips and advices – not promotional content) to enhance your authority and drive in traffic your website.
- Knowledgeable contents like case studies, white paper, FAQs and technical posts.
- Proper documentation for downloadable content, technical information, video guides and slideshare presentations.
- It’s not just writing new content, it’s improving the content you have. You can work on these specific contents:
- Optimize your homepage
- Create landing pages according to your e-marketing campaigns like mailing and Adwords.
- Build internal linking through your content pages and products. For example, linking an article from your blog directly to the relevant products from your store.
Finally, diversify the types of content.
Technical Requirements for good e-commerce content marketing
The first thing you need to do is solve the publishing issues. If you are using outdated e-commerce software, they might not be the best fit for building your content marketing strategy. So, get updated with a new and modern e-commerce platforms such as Magento.
All you need from your technical solution is:
- Posting static pages with rich content (text, images and videos)
- Posting blog posts, news items for fresh and date relevance content.
- Creating a knowledge base like FAQ section or support functionality for evergreen content.
Magento is the best option to set up a good technical background for content marketing on an ecommerce store. Additionally, you can also use Magento store and WordPress blog integrated either in a traditional way or with an extension. This can be a better setup for experienced inbound marketers who know exactly what they want from their blog and will use WordPress to its fullest potential.
Remember, don’t give up early. Content marketing takes some time to start getting results, but once it begins, it becomes an unstoppable force for boosting ROI for your organization. With each passing day, you’re closer to an ultimate content marketing strategy and an advantage over your competitors as you create content for your users and they find you organically.