Undoubtedly, Magento is considered as one of the leading eCommerce platforms across the globe as it has a wide range of out-of-the-box features. So, whenever it comes to develop an eCommerce website, the one and only platform that comes to our mind is the Magento. Not only the Magento platform provides convenience to the developers, but it also offers an ease and convenience to the eCommerce store owners and customers due to its flexible and user-friendly interface.
As a result, with all these benefits, there has been observed an increasing demand for the professional Magento eCommerce developers that would further satiate the businesses needs. So, do you think that finding a highly dedicated, proficient as well as skilled Magento professional is an easy task? If you think so then you are wrong!
Finding a highly skilled Magento eCommerce developer in actual is a quite time-consuming and tedious process. There are some of the definite skill set that you need to look before hiring any of the Magento eCommerce developers.
So, let us have a quick look over some of the best Magento developer skills that one must have:
- Strong Knowledge of Magento Platform: The first thing to consider for hiring Magento developer is having a strong knowledge of the Magento platform. With this skill-set, the Magento developer can build any of the eCommerce stores on the Magento platform easily. Having a good knowledge of front-end, back-end, Magento extensions, customized themes as well as other important things could help the developers in creating better customer oriented websites.
- Expertise in Developing Custom CMS Themes: The Magento developer must have customization skills so that they could create or customize a CMS theme as per the client’s needs. With the increasing demand of CMS software, there has been observed a gradual increase in creating themes for different software. This is important because a decent website should have a unique design that compliments with the brand the best way while attracting a number of potential customers.
- Widget Development Skills: The developer must have strong widget development skills that make the data more portable, interactive as well as viral. The widgets have bought a lot of innovations in the web development field and including them in any of the eCommerce businesses could attract a wide range of audiences by making it reachable to a maximum number of customers.
- Problem Solving Skills: Being a Magento developer, one must have great problem-solving skills. There are a number of coding as well as designing problems that one may come across while creating an eCommerce site. One could come across some critical problems that need to be sorted out in order to get an effective online store at the desired time.
- PSD to XHTML Services: This is another most popular skills that must be sought in Magento developer. Converting the Photoshop (PSD) to the XHTML files for a template use is a great way to work with new templates. This type of designing to coding service is the much popular skill set among all of them.
- Knowledge of SEO: Search Engine Optimization or the SEO is another great aspect that the eCommerce developer must be aware of. This is necessary because one has to optimize their websites regularly with the latest possible trends going on.
- eCommerce Integration: The business websites would always need an eCommerce integration. As a result, the Magento developer must have good knowledge of eCommerce integration with different platforms like the payment gateway. Another important thing to look for includes free, ad-supported services that are being developed in the near future.
As a result, the above-mentioned best skills are necessary to look before hiring Magento developer. These tips help you in an easy selection of Magento developers, but in addition to these skills you need to also look for the developers who are trustworthy and reliable. Thus, if you still have some questions rolling in your mind, just contact us for quick consultation.